Poolside parties, water exercises, and swimming family fun all come at a cost. Pool maintenance. If your swimming pool is not properly cared for, you will not be able to enjoy your pool. Pool maintenance not only balances chemicals, but takes care of all equipment and parts. Properly maintained pool equipment last longer, breaks less frequent, and utilizes less energy. Here are some tips that can help you maintain your swimming pool better.
Pool Tips & Tricks
- Shock Your Pool Correctly – Shocking doesn’t mean surprising your pool. Surprise! It means raising chlorine levels for a while to kill bacteria. This is normally done 2x a season or after a pool party.
- Have Basic Equipment On Hand – A net, a pool brush, and a manual pool vacuum. Automatic cleaners don’t always catch everything.
- Brush, Brush, And…Brush Again – Brushing should be done daily. Just as you brush your teeth in the morning, brush your pool to keep things clean. Brushing tiles and steps removes unwanted algae.
- Skim – Skimming the top of the pool surface should be done daily. This removes large debris before it reaches the pool filters and clogs them.
- Clean Filter Baskets – Clean filter baskets weekly. Your pool pump works harder when filter baskets are dirty shortening its life span. Remember to backwash your filter monthly. This removes built-up dirt and debris in the pipes.
- Pool Chemistry – Don’t be intimidated. Proper pool chemistry is very important. Harmful bacteria thrive in pools that aren’t balanced properly. Pool equipment & surfaces can begin to deteriorate with too high or too low of levels.
- Call Professionals – If maintaining your pool seems daunting, call in the professionals. Having a pool service company can greatly extend the life of your pool. Pool service and maintenance companies can take care of everything from chemicals to leak detection.
Pool maintenance is a necessity. Whether you hire a professional or do it yourself, it is something that needs to be done to have a safe swimming experience. It is important to establish a good routine to care for your pool properly. In the Southwest Florida area? Call Cannonball Pool Service 239.440.9888.