It’s common knowledge that swimming pools can be contain many germs if not properly maintained. There are also a ton of misconceptions about the cleanliness of a swimming pool. People relate cleanliness to site and smells. This isn’t always the case.
Swimming Pool Misconceptions:
- People actually sweat while swimming in the pool. This is why swimmers need to hydrate, especially on hot days.
- Smelling bleach? That doesn’t necessarily mean that there is enough or too much chlorine in the pool. When a pool is properly cleaned and maintained, then there shouldn’t be any bleach smell at all.
- Water doesn’t cause red eyes. Contaminated water causes red eyes. According to scientists the chemicals in the water don’t contribute to red eyes. Red eyes happen when pool water is contaminated. Ewww….
- Swallowing pool water can make you sick, but not by what you think. Chlorine in the pool water isn’t usually to blame for becoming ill after accidentally inhaling pool water. You guesses it, it’s usually pool contaminants that are the culprit.
- Swimmers ear? Unfortunately, again, it’s not your pool water that is the issue. Swimmers ear is usually caused by active bacteria in the pool water. Be sure to clean your pool as often as possible.
- More and more people are getting sick from swimming pools each year. With that said, your pool water needs to be clean and maintained properly. If you cannot handle or don’t have the time to clean your pool get a quality pool service company.