Did you know that May is National water safety month? Hot Summer Sun means more outdoor fun. Below are 5 tips to keep you and your family swimming safely all season long.
- Never leave a child unattended in the water. – Always swim with a buddy.
- Teach children how to swim – The American Red Cross has a swim app that can help with teaching children how to swim.
- Make sure all children know to stay away from pool drains. – Children love to play around pool drains. Inform all children in and around your pool about the hazards of swimming pool drains.
- Install proper barriers, covers and alarms on and around your pool and spa. – Pools need to be enclosed properly by fences or safety pool covers.
- Know how to perform CPR on children and adults. – This is a valuable lifesaving skill.
- Keep your pool chemicals balanced & maintained. – A well balanced pool keeps harmful bacteria at bay.
Always remember that we need to keep safe swimming all year long not just during water safety month. Contact Cannonball Pool Service at 239.440.9888 for all of your pool service needs.