Hot tubs offer more than warmth and comfort. Warm water soothes muscles and calms nerves. Research shows that warm water immersion can help with muscle relaxation, promote better sleep, and reduce anxiety. The heat widens your blood vessels making it easier for your blood to travel throughout your body. Not to mention, water buoyancy reduces stress on your joints. It’s a win win! Below are some areas where hot tubs may help improve your life.
Hot Tub For Better Health:
- Get better sleep – Many people report a better nights sleep when they use their spas on a regular basis.
- Back pain relief – Lower back pain (acute or chronic) can impact your quality of life. The heat helps your muscles loosen and increases blood flow. Looser muscles help you move with more ease.
- Decreased anxiety and stress – The warmth of the hot tub can make you forget about everything else going on. Enjoying a morning soak for 15 -20 minutes each morning will have you ready to start the day refreshed.
- Improved range of motion – Spas can help restore lost flexibility when utilized on a regular basis.
- Arthritis symptom relief – Many hot tub users find relief from arthritis in just 2 weeks of usage.
Please note that the use of hot tubs do pose some risks. Just like swimming pools, it is important for your hot tub to be properly cared for. This includes service, maintenance, and chemicals. Spas are breeding grounds for infections if not properly maintained. If you are pregnant or think you are pregnant, you should refrain from using a hot tub. Research shows that some birth defects are associated with hut tub usage when pregnant. Here are a few things to keep in mind when using a hot tub.
- Check the cleanliness. Make sure the hot tub you are using is cleaned and chemicals are monitored on a regular basis.
- Avoid crowded spas. More people equals more germs.
- Turn down the heat. Especially if you have a medical condition, a temperature of 100 degrees should be for healthy adults.
- Limit time in the spa. People who start to feel dizzy, heated, or unwell should get out right away.
- Stay hydrated. It is a good idea to drink water to not over heat your body.
- Wash off. Take a shower after hot tub usage.